Friday, December 14, 2012

Tragedies Like Those in CT Spare No Victim

Tragedies such as today's Connecticut school shooting are frightening and incomprehensible. My thoughts go out to not only the direct victims of such a crime, but also to all of the indirect victims.

My heart goes out to every parent who will now undeniably think about "what if" on Monday as they send their child to school.

My heart goes out to every teacher. Each of you are already superheroes, but now you must save lives and take on criminals. This is one responsibility that of course you will willingly take on, but did not study in college.

Finally my heart goes out to every young child who happened to be enjoying their morning at home only to be bombarded with multiple scenes if not only children crying, but also children covered in blood describing events that no young child should ever be witness to. I am horrified by the coverage on several news outlets where reporters interviewed young children victim to this tragedy.

Am I the only one? What does everyone think about the ethical choices made today during the media coverage of the CT tragedy?

No comments: